MFO's 2017 Guided Fishing Rates
2017 Spring Special! From March 1st to April 30th, $400/day for one or two anglers on driftboat and walk wade trips, all inclusive.
Regular Day Trips
Full Day (1/2/3 anglers): $475 / 550 / 700
Half Day (1/2/3 anglers: $425 / 450 / 600
*We recommend three anglers for wade trips only, unless you want a pleasure cruise where fishing is not the primary focus.
Land of Giants/Jetboat Day Trips
Full Day Trip (1 or 2 Anglers): $650
Lodging Packages: $1125-2175/person
Rates based on double occupancy and include lodging and all inclusive guide service.
- 3 days fishing + 4 nights lodging: $1125 per person
- 4 days fishing + 5 nights lodging: $1475 per person
- 5 days fishing + 6 nights lodging: $1825 per person
- 6 days fishing + 7 nights lodging: $2175 per person
406 On The Fly Package Trips
Lodging Packages (1 or 2 anglers): $1100-3300/person
Rates are based on double occupancy and include lodging and all inclusive guide service.
- Our Montana Trout Tour package trips are all custom built and rates will vary depending on choice of lodging and itinerary - 406 On The Fly
What to Expect
- personal fishing guide service for roughly 8 hours minimum (full day) or 4 hours minimum (half day)
- a hearty, filling lunch made fresh each morning (full day), or a light snack (half day)
- non-alcoholic beverages, water, soda, etc.
- transportation from your lodging to the river and back
- fly rods and reels if needed, any other necessary tackle
- flies, leaders, tippets, and additional terminal tackle
What's not included:
- Montana Fishing License - which is required to fish in Montana. Non-resident licenses are $25 for 2 days, $53.50 for 10 days, and $70 for a season. They can be purchased easily on line HERE.
- Alcoholic beverages - it is simply BYOB.
- Guide gratuities - tips are customary in the fishing guide business, and we appreciate them. Tips should be earned, not necessarily expected, and reflect the level of service you have been given as the angler. As a general rule of thumb you can follow the same guidelines as restaurant tipping.
- Private water rod fees - sometimes we will fish water that has limited access and we have to pay to play. You will be given advance notice of this and we will discuss the fee before venturing out. Rod fees range from $50 to $150 per person per day depending on the water we fish.
- Waders - we try to carry a spare pair to loan for the day, but waders are size specific so bringing your own or spending the few bucks to rent a pair from a local flyshop is often the best choice. It's easier to stay dry than get dry!
Making a Reservation
Advanced reservations are strongly suggested, as our core group of flyfishing guides is booked well in advance. As soon as you know your fly fishing trip dates we encourage you to make a reservation so you can have first choice of guides, locations and lodging. At the time of your reservation please let Montana Fishing Outfitters know of any heath concerns or dietary restrictions we should be aware of for you comfort and safety.
Deposit and Final Payment
Montana Fishing Outfitters requires a 50% deposit to book a trip. Final payment of balance is due no later than the last day of the planned trip.
Montana Fishing Outfitter's receipt of a deposit constitutes your agreement to our deposit and payment terms.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Your deposit will be refunded in whole if you give Montana Fishing Outfitters 30 days or more notice of intent to cancel. Within 30 days, if the guide assigned cannot be re-booked for the day of cancellation, your deposit will be forfeited. We understand that unforeseen circumstances sometimes occur that lead to cancelling a trip, and therefore we reserve the right to make refund decisions on a case by case basis. Trips that are cancelled by the guide alone, or by a joint guide/client angler decision due to weather, health concerns or other uncontrollable circumstances will result in a full refund if rescheduling isn't possible.